AEBS 5G/iOS issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lamboman, Aug 18, 2011.

1. lamboman macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Usually I can sort problems out myself, but this one has proven to be extremely bizarre...

I've been running my 5th gen AirPort Extreme for around two days, with an Linksys AM200. That runs NAT, while the AE runs DHCP.

The AE works perfectly fine with all my other equipment, iMac, Linn DS, TV, everything. The only devices that won't work are iOS devices. My iTouch 4G and my friend's iPhone 4 both have weak signal (well, a signal that deteriorates immediately over a short distances), and when they have a strong signal (in the same room), the speeds are ridiculously slow. Google searches take 15 seconds to load, for example.

Has anybody else had this problem? I do have a feeling that it is an iOS 4 problem; I have wiped and updated the iTouch, and my friend's iP4 is on the latest firmware. Problem still persists.

Thanks in advance!

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

3. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

The iTouch I know doesn't support 5GHz. I'm running n on 5GHz only, and b/g/n on 2.4. No matter what I try, turning off the 5GHz separate network, turning off security, switching security, changing radio modes, exactly the same result.

Thanks for your reply anyhow :)

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Strange, because I have the same stuff gen5 extreme and 4 iOS 4 devices with no issue whatsoever, but my extreme is in bridge mode only while my ISP router handles everything else except wireless.

5. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

Ran my router in bridge mode before running DHCP on the AE, and the problem was there even back then!