AEBS 802.11n Port Mapping/Forwarding

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nuc, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Well I went out and bought an AEBS Pre-n router tonight. I had the older AEBS (selling tomorrow hopefully) and I could get port mapping to work correctly for ports 2000, 2001, 2002. However, since I set up the new router I can't get the ports to open.

I used port scan in network utility to scan my internal IP: 10.0.1.xxx and it said the ports were open. However, when I scan my external IP address the ports are closed. I also used a port scan website and it said they were closed. I even turned off my firewall to my computer but no luck.

To all you network geniuses out there please help me. I'm usually good at this stuff but not this time it seems. I also checked the apple website and it seems as though some can get it to work and some can't....

Thanks,

Nuc

2. Nuc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Nevermind

I took it back into the Apple Store and they couldn't figure it out either. They exchanged it for a new one and it's working now...

My advice to those that have this same problem. If you spend more than 30 mins on port mapping then take it back it's faulty...

Nuc