AEBS and multiple hard drives

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Michael CM1, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I have browsed the discussion forums on Apple.com and haven't found a single person with easy success attaching more than one hard drive to the AEBS. I have one 500GB that works fine, but everything goes screwy even if I just attach it by itself to a powered USB hub attached to the AEBS. Needless to say attaching a second (almost identical) hard drive doesn't work. They're both My Book drives from Western Digital.

The solutions I saw involved a whole lotta meddling with stuff I don't need to be meddling with (i.e. system files) or reverting to an old firmware version. Anybody had success attaching multiple drives?

2. JMH65 macrumors newbie

The solutions I saw involved a whole lotta meddling with stuff I don't need to be meddling with (i.e. system files) or reverting to an old firmware version. Anybody had success attaching multiple drives?[/QUOTE]

3 AEBSs in my home network and I can't get one 500 GB drive to stay connected. I do have it plugged into a powered USB hub but he connection is not stable - goes away on any of the wireless laptops we have in the household (3 MBs and 1 MBP). I do have two Windows XP desktops on the network that stay locked on to the darn thing rock solid though. Strange. I am with you on avoiding some of the work arounds with respect to firmware. I have used the "Connect to Server" feature to quickly make a connection to the drive, but it is not nearly as useful as it would be if it always showed up as it should.