AEBS and WD Mybook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AeroStud1026, Oct 6, 2008.

1. AeroStud1026 macrumors member

AeroStud1026

Hey guys,

I just bought a AEBS and I connected my WD Mybook 1TB to it, and its not recognizing the disk....it says "no Disks found" in the settings, am I doing something wrong....Its all setup and internet is working fine.

EDIT Nevermind I was using a bad USB extender cable

2. p.luik macrumors regular

Are you using AirPort Disk Utility to set up the hard drive?

3. og1 macrumors regular

well my AEBS will not work with my WD Mybook at all. it will connect and recognize the drive fine, but when i try and do a file transfer, the AEBS crashes after about 5 seconds and reboots. I have read elsewhere there is a known compatibility with the AEBS and WD usb drives. YMMV .

4. p.luik macrumors regular

I have used a 1TB WD drive with my AEBS and manage it using AirPort Disk Utility. You should try to use the utility and see if everything is working properly.

5. og1 macrumors regular

ive done that, and airport utility shows everything working great, however when i try to move a large amount of files, the AEBS crashes. I have a WD 500gb MyBook Essential, it could be that just the cheaper drives dont work well? i dunno like i said YMMV.

6. danny_w macrumors 601

I use a WD MyBook 750GB drive with my AEBS for Time Machine backups and it works fine. I now have 3 MyBooks (1 at work via usb, 1 at home via fw, 1 at home via AEBS). They have all be great little drives. Only 1 has fw, the other 2 are usb only.

7. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

my WD my book 750gb died while connected to my aebs.

its now just going over firewire.