AEBS AX and my Macbook at same network

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ivammg, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ivammg macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an MacBook and receiving internet wirelessly over AEBS.
    I bought AX and want to connect my speakers to it and use internet over AEBS and the same time stay connected to AX for stream music to the speakers?
    So how to setup AX? AX must be configured as extended network or WDS or what?
    I just want to use AX for speakers.

Thanks

Ivan

2. SqB macrumors 6502

Extending the network is probably the easiest way to do this. You could also use Join Network. If they are going to be close together, you might want to use join to reduce any interference. If they are apart in different rooms, use extend so you get the benefit of the extended network.

3. ivammg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,

But there are no option in AX to join the network?
    WDS, create new network and other..

4. SqB macrumors 6502

Click "manual setup", "wireless" then under wireless mode you will see the join option.

5. ivammg thread starter macrumors newbie

I am out of my home but as I remember there was not option to join but it should be there so I will try later.
    But what is the best way to connect AX before setup over an ethernet cable directly to the laptop or connect to the AEBS or wirelessly?

6. SqB macrumors 6502

I always recommend connecting directly to the express via ethernet cable to configure it. Here is why...

• Plug the notebook into the express and turn off the notebook's internal wireless card.
    • Configure the express to extend or join the network.
    • Once it is configured, open Safari on the notebook and navigate to any webpage.
    • If you can see the internet on the notebook, you know that the express has successfully connected to the network (because the notebook's card is off so you know it is pulling the data from the express).