AEBS + Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (X360) = LAG

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by brayhite, Jul 11, 2011.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Just as the equation says. My AEBS (from 2008/2009, Christmas gift to myself) can't seem to handle when I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on XBox Live, presumably due to the increase in players in one game. MW: Black Ops and Netflix all play fine (and typically show 4/4 bars) with very little lag and rebuffering required, but B:BC 2 is quite a different story. I've done just about every trick in the book to try to optimize the router for XBL play, including port forwarding, creating the default host, radio frequency changes, etc.

So if anyone has any other suggestions for how to improve gameplay, that'd be great. I don't think my internet connection itself is the problem, as I average around 8-12 mbps via wi-fi on my MBPs and iDevices. Though they are on an N-channel. I'm thinking about upgrading my router and making the older AEBS a bridge. Either that, or investing in the N-wireless adapter for my Xbox.

2. tdgrn macrumors 6502

Do you have the 360 connected with ethernet or via WiFi?

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wi-fi. I'm considering buying an N wireless adapter for the Xbox, but would rather not if there's a free fix.

4. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a