AEBS Bonjour printer not printing

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by flopticalcube, Nov 18, 2009.

1. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I have a Canon MX310 hooked up via a USB hub (shared with a HD) to an gigabit AEBS. Everything works fine under Leopard but no Windows boxes (either bootcamp or otherwise) can see the printer as being online. I have the latest Bonjour and even tried manually installing the printer. I checked the port/IP and everything is as it should be. Airport Utility says that printer is being shared over Bonjour and the Bonjour Print Wizard has no problem finding the printer for me to set up but the printer appears offline and won't print. I have rebooted the AEBS. All boxes are running Windows 7.

2. pknoot macrumors newbie

pknoot

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Are you running Windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit. I had installed 64 bit earlier and I could see all of the printers and everything looked great but I couldn't print. Then I found there was a Bonjour 64 bit version and I downloaded that; uninstalled the 32 bit version then installed the 64 bit one and everything worked again. Hope your problem is as easy as this.

4. flopticalcube thread starter macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Cheers for the replies.

pknoot: Going to reinstall per the instructions on that site

CylonGlitch: I hve both and both are doing the same thing. I have access to the FAX, oddly enough, but not the printer.