AEBS cost?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ault45, Mar 28, 2008.

1. ault45 macrumors member

I am looking for a new wireless router, and love apple products, but what does this offer more than netgear, dlink, etc.. to justify the additional cost. Just curious before I make a purchase. Thanks guys.

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

An Apple on the top, blends well with other Apple products, oh yeah and you can hang a number or different things (HDD, printers, a usb hub, etc) off the back and actually use the USB port that it has on it rather than having it labeled a "service port" as it is on most routers. :D

And this is from someone who has a d-link with said usb "service port" on the back.

I think if you have a laptop and want to have it mapped to a drive all of the time instead of only when it is physically plugged into the USB port than the AEBS would be the perfect choice. I've often debated upgrading from my d-link just so I have this ability, I use an Express for printing and AirTunes. I think the fact that it is made by Apple and not the other manufactures also is nice since when it comes to firmware you don't have to hope that you'll be able to apply it without a PC handy.

3. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

i don't think the AEBS is much of an advantage other than peace of mind knowing you have all-apple products and plus the usb port you can use for a printer or drive/time machine. If these things don't matter, then maybe get a dlink router instead.