Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drcollosus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
hong kong
Hi,

Here is my setup.

1* broadband modem (fibre 1000Mpbs)
1* airport express base station.

my aebs is distributing the signal from modem

various peripheral devices (couple laptops, iphones, ps3, atv) all connected and working great via wifi.

now, i'm trying to take advantage of my fibre speed for vuze use (aebs wifi is the bottle neck) so have hard wired cat6 cable to back of aebs. it works great, but only in bridge mode! the problem i then have is that nothing can connect to aebs in wifi. so i turn off bridge mode (losing my phenomenal download speeds in vuze in the process) and my wifi is then again fine with everything being able to connect.

i'm not very good with all this stuff, but can follow instructions very well and hope somebody out there can point me in the right direction.

basically i want anything to be able to connect to wifi (with encryption in place obviously) + hard wired cat6 cable from back of aebs for vuze all without any restrictions.

thanks a million.

Jolly Giant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
sorry to mislead you perhaps

perhaps ?

Hi,

Here is my setup.

1* broadband modem (fibre 1000Mpbs)
1* airport express base station.

launch airport utility and post back with what it says for your device here

20110430-1q235r28efg35wrqqed12sb1xm.jpg

Jolly Giant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
Connect Using: Ethernet

that's the problem.

not sure, since i don't have fibre connection, but try connect: using PPPoE (have the login details provided by your ISP ready).

enter those details here

20110430-qadbs7net5jf9edby74thha3k1.jpg

and make sure connection sharing is set to share a public IP address, then update the AEBS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.