AEBS only detecting 2 of 3 hard drives connected

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by anthny680, Mar 15, 2009.

1. anthny680 macrumors member

I've tried searching the forums and extensively on google as well. I can't seem to find anything that solves my particular problem. I just purchased an AEBS from the apple store a few days ago so it's probably the latest model. I've since purchased a powered USB hub so that I can connect my three external wireless drives to it. For some reason the base station will only detect 2 drives at once. If I have all three connected at the same time it will still only detect the most recent two of three connected. I've heard several people on these forums mention having up to 4 hard drives connected to the AEBS so I know it must be possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

I don't think the Airport Extreme is made to have more than 1 HD connected even though some people have 4. It might be the USB hub that you purchased.

3. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

I have two hooked up and a printer. Don't have a third to try and see what happens.

Have you tried turning the extreme on/off.
    Does the drive its not detecting appear to be on? Is it spinning or have a standby light? Have you tried the drive just straight to your mac as well, and see if its detected?

4. anthny680 thread starter macrumors member

Have you tried turning the extreme on/off.

Just turned off and on and now all the drives are appearing. Thanks for the help. I probably should know better... :eek: