AEBS/Vista -- Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by haramachi, Feb 4, 2008.

1. haramachi macrumors newbie

Perhaps foolishly, I upgraded the home PC to Vista this weekend. Among other surprises, the Vista/Airport Admin combination appears to be incompatible. My wife's XP laptop can see and connect to our AEBS, but my Vista PC no longer can.

The Admin Utility simply cannot find the base station.

Strangely, the AEBS shows up among the "available wireless networks," but when I try to connect via Windows the AEBS "refuses to respond," or something like that.

I've updated to the latest drivers, etc. The AEBS is new (2 months old). I tried a hard reset of the AEBS. I turned off Vista's firewall. Just not sure what to do next.

Searching on this forum and elsewhere on the Net reveals several people who have had similar problems, but I've yet to read a solution. Apologies if one is available or has been posted about here (I didn't see anything).

Can anyone offer any advice (or, I pray, some simple quick fix?)

If not, I will have to answer the tough question: do I ditch the PC or the AEBS? It is a close call.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

2. haramachi thread starter macrumors newbie

Did some more troubleshooting last night, still no luck.

Reinstalled Airport Admin and Vista, still no connectivity.

This may be a Vista issue because, as I said, all worked perfectly with XP. And my wife's XP laptop still works well.

I can only beg and plead: does anyone have any ideas or fixes for this?

Thanks in advance.