Aego M speakers suitable for an iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by duncyboy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

H'lo All

Still going to be a month or so before I purchase my iMac and, as is always the way when you're trying to save money for something, my faithful old I-Trigue's have packed in :rolleyes:

I was looking for a set of 2.1's to replace them and then wondered what the sound quality from the iMac is like? One set I was considering are the Aego M's but in several reviews the reviewer said "...just make sure you do them justice with a decent soundcard."

Would the Aego M's be wasted on an iMac or sound just fabulous?

Would I be better off searching a little downmarket at something cheaper? The Logitech Z4i's, for instance?

Any advice/opinions appreciated :)

2. VespR macrumors regular

I have these speakers and they are fantastic. Much better than the stock iMac speaker, and certainly miles ahead of any crap sold by logitech.

Remember Acoustic Energy are a real Hi-Fi company, not some peripheral firm. The speakers are quite small, but weigh an absolute ton. Definitely buy them!

3. duncyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers for the reply- good to hear from someone who has the speakers. I don't mind spending money so long as it's well spent. Payday Friday! :D

4. Maccleduff macrumors regular

I also have these speakers (in white), they look and sound amazing, you wont be disappointed! :)

5. duncyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that- what kind of Mac do you have?

I was considering purchasing the white ones to match my (future) iMac.
    Will deffo order a set come Friday. Thanks for the advice to both of you! :)

6. Maccleduff macrumors regular

I have a macbook Pro. the aego ms in white look smart and goes well with the alu look :)