Aerial drone/quadcopter videos

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by CharlieBrandt09, Feb 28, 2015.

1. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

I recently bought a "drone" to take aerial videos. I did a search on here and didn't come up with any results, so I figured it might be cool to start an aerial video thread.

Here is a start, critiques welcome :)

2. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Great job! These new machines are great for getting inexpensive aerials. I remember back in the 80's when I was making corporate films having to rent jet powered helicopters with special camera mounts to get acceptable smooth footage. I think it has opened up a whole new cottage industry. Not limited to aerials, they are great for creating visuals starting outside and flying through an open window. Keep shooting and posting here!!

3. sevoneone, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015

sevoneone macrumors 6502

Looking sharp. Which GoPro are you flying?

Here is a little compilation of footage from when I was building out my DJI F550 Hexacopter in December/January. The footage is from all different states of the build, so there is some gimbal footage and some with the GoPro just hard mounted to the frame.

As much fun as they are to fly, it was also fun to build one up from scratch too. My family suffered a big loss over the holidays and having the project really helped me through it. Facing the wife when the bank statement comes is another story, lol. A lot of parts are cheap, but it adds up fast.

4. Im1s macrumors newbie