Aerial Screen Savers - Storage Space

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Vlad Soare, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Vlad Soare macrumors member

Vlad Soare

Hello,

The Apple TV can automatically download new Aerial screen savers as often as you'd like - daily, weekly, monthly. A screen saver is said to be approximately 650 MB.
    If I configure it to download them automatically, will each new screen saver replace the previous one? Or will they all add up until the whole storage is full? In the latter case, will the next download (after the storage fills up, that is) replace the oldest existing screen saver (like, say, what Time Machine does when the backup disk is full)? Or will it simply stop downloading anything and require me to delete something manually to make more room?

In other words, can I turn on the automatic download and forget about it? Or will I have to keep an eye on the storage and to clean it up regularly?

Thank you.

2. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

You don’t need to think about it. This is . They try to be as “set it and forget it” as possible.

3. Vlad Soare thread starter macrumors member

Vlad Soare

4. dredlew macrumors member

Exactly, this is Apple. The functionality doesn't work at all, you will be stuck with the same 5 - 10 screensavers, new ones never download. This issue has existed since the beginning but Apple is to ignorant to fix it.

5. PilotC150 macrumors regular

How do you explain the 30+ screensavers that I have on my devices? I haven't counted in awhile, but when I actually did go through and count them I was blown away by how many there actually were.