Aerial Screensaver, how many are there?

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
It says it will download it every month/week/day, if I select month, does that mean it will show the same screensaver for a month?

oldwren

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
That's what my understanding is. What's annoying is that, at least in my experience, the one I'm on always starts with the Golden Gate Bridge and then changes to some beach five (?) minutes later. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of variance in order or selection at the moment. I switched to weekly, so we'll see what happens.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
That's what my understanding is. What's annoying is that, at least in my experience, the one I'm on always starts with the Golden Gate Bridge and then changes to some beach five (?) minutes later. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of variance in order or selection at the moment. I switched to weekly, so we'll see what happens.
Mine is just repeating New York over and over again then shows some beach

mjcxp

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
I can't find a way to select a specific one. Is that option not available?

Zune55

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2015
When i was settin
It says it will download it every month/week/day, if I select month, does that mean it will show the same screensaver for a month?
When i was setting it up it asked about the aerial screen saver. It asked if i want to download screen saver daily? Also it tells the size will 600MB. I am guessing if we select daily option then apple will send one new screen saver daily. Please correct me if i am wrong. Aluminium i remeber i was talking to you yesterday here, did you got your order delivered or did you picked up? I picked up from apple store the online order is still PFS :p

Edit: When i got the ATV it was night therefore Aerial screensaver has night in their theme. As it getting day the theme is changing to day just like Apple watch

Last edited:

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
When i was settin

When i was setting it up it asked about the aerial screen saver. It asked if i want to download screen saver daily? Also it tells the size will 600MB. I am guessing if we select daily option then apple will send one new screen saver daily. Please correct me if i am wrong. Aluminium i remeber i was talking to you yesterday here, did you got your order delivered or did you picked up? I picked up from apple store the online order is still PFS :p

Edit: When i got the ATV it was night therefore Aerial screensaver has night in their theme. As it getting day the theme is changing to day just like Apple watch
I picked it up from the Apple Store yesterday morning

Really enjoying it so far, just wish Apple was more clear about this screensaver

Zune55

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2015
I picked it up from the Apple Store yesterday morning

Really enjoying it so far, just wish Apple was more clear about this screensaver
Yes it's an amazing device, me too I picked up from store after the available for pickup option opened. I saw a new wallpaper today and just went to check the new wallpaper after seeing your post and I think I got the 5th one too. The wallpaper shows above cloud image, sun and blue sky. Ok now I have another one looks like time square Manhattan ny top view not side ways. How about nimbus are you getting it? Or already got one. They were sold out in store on Friday. Do you know list of games.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Yes it's an amazing device, me too I picked up from store after the available for pickup option opened. I saw a new wallpaper today and just went to check the new wallpaper after seeing your post and I think I got the 5th one too. The wallpaper shows above cloud image, sun and blue sky. Ok now I have another one looks like time square Manhattan ny top view not side ways. How about nimbus are you getting it? Or already got one. They were sold out in store on Friday. Do you know list of games.

What do you have it set on to download ? Daily/weekly/monthly

DesertDog

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2004
I've had 5 so far, Golden Gate, Bay Bridge at night, Manhattan, London, and the beach/waterfall one.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Wow. Have to wait for them all to be downloaded! Are you always supposed to see one for the time of day? Because I'm seeing the New York (East River) (nighttime) one when it was broad daylight here. :)