Aero not working in Windows 7 RC

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Watabou, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Hey guys.

I just installed Windows 7 RC and I installed all the bootcamp drivers that were in the Disc 1 that came with my mac. It installed everything else like the sound fine but I can't get the Aero feature to work.

Also, I tried installing Flash and it said it installed but when I open up Firefox, it tells me Flash is not installed.

Can anyone help?

2. celticpride678

Aero is not supported by Boot Camp. Sorry.

Flash: Try installing it again. It will eventually work.:D

3. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Flash worked. I just had to click it for other browsers. The first time, it just installed it for Internet Explorer.

And what? I had the beta of Windows 7 running and the Aero feature worked on there. Maybe you're confusing it with Fusion and Parallels. I know for sure that Aero works in Bootcamp.

4. celticpride678

I do not have Windows 7 running Aero in Boot Camp.

5. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

I got it to work. I just went to Windows Update and saw that there was an update for my NVidia drivers so I just installed that and I got Aero. Yay. ::D

6. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Yup, me too. You just had to fish around for the nVIDIA drivers in winUpd

7. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Umm... that's wrong.

8. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yeah I thought so too. My friend has the same mac and he installed Windows 7 RC and he got Aero without even installing the Nvidia driver update.

But I'm happy now.

9. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

You're kidding right?

I'm running Aero right now, in boot camp, in windows 7 32-bit on my macbook air.

10. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Aero is not supported in a VM (parallels and vmware) maybe he has mixed them up.:confused:

11. I3eXa macrumors 6502

^^^how can that be? you are degrading your mac to a pc...:rolleyes:

12. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Yeah it is, I have Aero working on Windows 7 under Boot Camp. It's not supported by VMWare Fusion or Parallels, though.

13. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Just one more question.

Does the keyboard backlit always stay on? I have it lowered to the lowest setting and It's still kinda on. Even at day. Is there any way to shut it off completely?

14. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

Maybe he needs Windows for something work related, or he's a multiplatform/OS enthusiast, or he recently switched over from Windows.... No matter what the reason I don't find it degrading....

I in fact have the x86 RC installed via BootCamp on my Mac. It runs great. I actually like Windows 7. It's very polished. It's what Vista should have been.

15. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

I just installed Windows for the heck of it. I had XP installed but didn't use that a lot so I got office 2007 and said I might as well install 7. It is way better than Vista although I do kinda miss some of the features in OS X.

Anyways, can someone help me with this problem:

Does the keyboard backlit always stay on? I have it lowered to the lowest setting and It's still kinda on. Even at day. Is there any way to shut it off completely?
    [​IMG]

16. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

It uses the light sensor built into the system. However, in windows, its like 100x more sensitive. However, theres no real way of turning it off in windows.

17. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Ummm, yes it does. Boot Camp is just a partitioning tool that lets you install Windows on your Mac, which will run Windows natively (as fast as your hardware will run, no emulation whatsoever). Aero will run as long as his hardware will support it.

Please, next time, instead of just posting misinformation, take your head out of your ass.

It's a known issue. XP, Vista, 7, it'll happen in any of them. Hopefully Snow Leopard's new drivers will fix this.