Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecatz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
The mini came today, and we plan on using it as our replacement for the current 2008 IMac. We will do mostly productivity, web surfing, my guess is my son will end up trying SOME gaming on this, but we also got it loaded with the education bundle with final cut... So we want an affordable 4K monitor option.

Best buy has the LG Ul600 for $279 right now and that seems like a great deal, but it doesnt move up or down and has no USB-C or speakers.

So questions here:

1. Is there a BETTER sub $350ish option I should be looking at?
2. Is 4K necessary?
3. How useable are the internal mini speakers, and should I be looking at an option with built in speakers?

(They also have this samsung...)

joecatz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020

LaLuce75

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2021
a rather cheap solution might be SAMSUNG U28E590D 28 inch around 243 Euros with a TN panel ( the one i own for a couple of years now ) its also available with a IPS panel for 359 ish Euro. it depends on your needs what is wise to do, it is my second screen next to a LG 32UL950-W that i own for photo editing with great colour accuracy. if office work is the main thing you do a TN panel will do the job very well, if any photo editing will be done on it go for a IPS panel for better colours and viewing angles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.