Affordable duplex scanner with auto feeder?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by asiga, Aug 12, 2013.

1. asiga macrumors 6502

Hi,

I need to scan piles of legal-sized paper, from my student years (I want to digitize all the work I did at my university). I'd like to do it with a duplex scanner with automatic feeder. But these sheets have wrinkles and typical anomalies from student docs. They've color too.

I've seen that multifunction printers have a tempting price: I don't want a printer, but I see the surprise that you almost get the printer for free if you consider the cost of the scanner.

Do you've some good experience with any MFP or just scanner which you'd recommend for this task? Note: I need color scanning, but I don't need any printer at all.

2. MinkyMomo macrumors member

I have a Canon MX922 and although it does have an ADF and can scan letter and legal in b/w and color, it _will not_ scan legal paper in duplex at all.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I have scanned all my documents with a Fujitsu ScanSnap. I have scanned thousands of pages and had only a few misfeeds or jams. Does duplex and handles color fine.

4. asiga thread starter macrumors 6502

What model? The scansnap family has quite a few models...

5. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

s1500m

6. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I also have the S1500M... but the S1500M has since been discontinued and replaced by the ScanSnap iX500... which seems to be a slightly even better model.

/Jim

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The OP should define affordable. Scanners like the ScanSnap iX500 and its competition from Epson and Canon ain't cheap. However, you get what you pay for.