Affordable MacBook Pro charger replacement (Uk)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Rossiwilko, May 8, 2016.

1. Rossiwilko macrumors newbie

Rossiwilko

Well my original charger has broke a little and I have to twitch the wire for it to work so I am after a replacement now
    I did buy on from eBay last year but this broke after a a few months and wasn't a genuine charger because my MacBook battery seemed to charge up really quickly and lost battery just as quick.

I tried my original again and worked normal as it would take a while to change up and losing charge at a normal rate, but I don't fancy holding the wire in place all day for it to gain charge so I am
    Now after a decent replacement that actually charges my MacBook correctly.

Cheers

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

This is the Mac Pro (desktop) forum, not the MacBook Pro (laptop) forum. You might have more knowledgeable responses if you ask in the correct forum.

I agree with Gav2k though, the charger for a laptop is one of the few things where I would insist on Apple OEM. If you cannot afford a new one from Apple, you could get a used one on Ebay.

If you are a DIY type, you could cut out the bad bit and resolder wires back together. I've had to do this a few times with cords due to dog chewing, or accidentally running the lawn mower over its power cord.