Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
*cries*
I thought I should tell all of the loyal thread readers on this forums.
I've decided to wait to get my MBP until I have all the money.

I thought about it. When it came last night to actually start applying to borrow money.... I just couldn't do it.

I'm now planning on waiting until WWDC to get my MBP with all the goodies. (Like some people told me.)
:)

So. This now leaves me w/o any way to watch movies on my four day trip out to Oregon.

I would love to spend all the money I have now (not more than maybe 120 or so) on a portable DVD player for car trips and such.

Any ideas?

Matt Phoenix

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2006
Good plan on waiting. Actually, when I get away, I like to leave my laptop and DVD player at home, as I like to get away from all the distractions of everyday life. But that's just me. :-x No recommendations on the DVD player, as I use my laptop. :-x

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
No sales tax in Oregon. You can save a few bucks to purchase it over there. If in the Porland area, lookup a store called Frys and they will also give you a good deal on one.

crazyfortech

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2005
we have a Kawasaki (Target Brand) 9" hooked up in our Acura. IT"S AWESOME! it's on the bck of our seat. It was only 139.00 at christmas time But now I think it's the same price. Not that good of battery though:( check it out

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I was thinking more along the lines of a on-your-seat kind of model that maybe plugs in with an AC adapter. :D

I'll try searching the usual places.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.