Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Once upon a time, one of Santa's little helpers named "Core" created AFP for the iPhone, and frenchiphone.com hosted it through installer. It was truly a thing of beauty. You'd set it up, turn it on, and when your iPhone came near your mac computer, it would wirelessly just pop right up in your finder, and you'd have total access to everything on it. Drag & drop new files to & from it just like any external HD. Seamless, clean, and easy.

And then came 2.0, and we lost AFP.

Where o where has the single most useful app the iPhone has ever been graced with gone? Anyone know if an update is in the works? I'll donate if need be. My iPhone is excess baggage without it.

Anyone have any idea? Please tell me it's not dead in the water.

wurbar

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008
AFP server iphone

Once upon a time, one of Santa's little helpers named "Core" created AFP for the iPhone, and frenchiphone.com hosted it through installer. It was truly a thing of beauty. You'd set it up, turn it on, and when your iPhone came near your mac computer, it would wirelessly just pop right up in your finder, and you'd have total access to everything on it. Drag & drop new files to & from it just like any external HD. Seamless, clean, and easy.

Where o where has the single most useful app the iPhone has ever been graced with gone? Anyone know if an update is in the works? I'll donate if need be. My iPhone is excess baggage without it.

I would warmly welcome such an update for firmware 2. Many thanks

wurbar

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008

Look for netatalk under Cydia from saurik. Follow his instruction under home
"Copying files to/from Device. Install netatalk. It works very well

k'five

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
Look for netatalk under Cydia from saurik. Follow his instruction under home
"Copying files to/from Device. Install netatalk. It works very well

(gasp!) I love you. And I love Saurik. I'm gonna bake that guy a friggin cake! Thank you thank you thank you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.