AFP share mounts as read only

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BlueTide, Mar 11, 2012.

1. BlueTide macrumors member

Odd problem surfaced a few nights back. A Macbook is always connecting to AFP shares as read only, but a Macbook Pro does not suffer from the same issue. Further, logging to the same share from different user account on the said Macbook also mounts the AFP share as read-write. AFP server is latest Fedora, but that seems unlikely to be the source of the issue given that the shares work from other user accounts and other computers.

So far I'm not finding any information from Console that would look relevant. Easy fix would be to create another user account, but surely there is some other way to fix the issue. I've already tried trashing Finder preferences for the given user.

Any idea what might cause this? Alternatively, would anybody happen to know how to track down the issue?

2. BlueTide thread starter macrumors member

I never found a real fix for this, but I just created a new user and copied stuff on that side. It would still be nice to know what might cause this, though.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Permissions. When you upgraded some kind of permission in file sharing got messed up.