AFP works one way, not the other

Discussion in 'macOS' started by niemo810, Jan 11, 2009.

1. niemo810 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I know what everyone is going to say... SEARCH THE FORUMS!

Well, I tried and didn't find much. So please, if you don't feel like helping me, at least guide me to the right place. I'll really appreciate it.

My girlfriend just got a new Macbook and we're trying to share files using AFP. In system preferences, I have (temporarily) allowed "everyone" privileges to read and write to my system, and she still can't access anything. It just says "connection failed" at the top of the window, and it doesn't give any other explanation other than that. If I type in my login credentials, it logs in just fine and I am able to read and write without any problems.

In another thread, someone suggested repairing my disk permissions, and I get the following error:

Code:
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpLoad" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    In yet another thread, I was told not to worry about SUID Warnings, but... the warnings to ignore listed in the Apple KB i was directed to did not include this specific warning. I suspect this permissions error has something to do with why she is unable to connect as a "guest" and it's driving me nuts. Of course, I could be wrong...

If I've left any important information out, please ask and I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

/rgn

2. niemo810 thread starter macrumors member