Afr.php spam, on my MAC!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tkima1, Feb 1, 2010.

1. tkima1 macrumors newbie

Hello, first of all, I'm Tkima1, I'm from Norway, I'm new to the forums, so bear with me if I'm on the wrong section for this following question.

Lately, after I've formated my Mac, I've started to be spammed with a asking me if I've wanted to download a file called "afr.php", I use Firefox. It doesn't pop up ALL the time, but often.

Does anyone know what this is? How I can stop it?

Thanks for all answers :)

Tkima1

2. tkima1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, not helping me. I've cleared my Cache, doesn't work.

Really want some help on this annoying problem! :)

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Have you tried a Google search for "afr.php"? I suggest doing so as it will reveal the problem and solution.

4. tkima1 thread starter macrumors newbie

To Anglewatt:

yes I have. It suggested cache removement, it's a spy-, malware and all sorts of things.. That is why I asked from help here...

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You should read further past the emptying cache suggestion on those pages as there were better solutions.

6. tkima1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, ok, ok ... So there is no help here.. Please! DO NOT post in this thread anymore, unless it is helpful for me! I don't care about chitchatting !

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you ask for help in this forum, it's not wise to criticize those who genuinely offer help. Such an attitude will not get you the help you need. You haven't specified all the things you've tried, so there's no way for others to know. Show a little gratitude and you're likely to get more help.