Afraid of installing 10.4.10

GusR9

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
73
0
Hello guys recently I started a thread about my new macbook, now I have a couple of questions.
I'm afraid of installing the update (10.4.10) after reading all the problems it causes to the macbooks...what do you think? what should I do?
I dont want to risk my new invesment it doesnt have less than a week
Thanks guys
 

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
6,627
342
I've been running it on an iMac and an MBP since it came out. So far no issues.

If anything, your investment is warranted for at least the next 11 months, 3 weeks... if it causes problems, you can take it back.
 

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
People post about their problems here, seldom their successes. In the vast majority of cases the problems discussed are isolated or not widespread. If there's an issue that affects a great many people then you'll see huge threads with hundreds upon hundreds of angry responses.

Install the update :)
 

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
437
1
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, posts like these will bring out all the silent people who had no problems. You will always see more from people with problems because the ones without problems don't need to say anything!

Mine's fine.

I admit though I'm afraid of the firmware upgrade. :eek:
 

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
2,161
4
Wales
I have it installed on my 1st Generation macbook without any issues. I can never resist updates. :eek:
 

cube

macrumors P6
May 10, 2004
16,974
4,925
I have a G4 and I refuse to install it until Apple releases a fix for PPC. :mad:
 

GusR9

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
73
0
I'm downloading the update right now I hope nothing happens
 

GusR9

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
73
0
Thanks dude I'll notify if anything strange happens
 

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
913
0
I'm pretty sure the 10.4.10 update is behind my USB external harddrive no longer mounting. It's a well-documented issue, and the .10 revision didn't fix it
 

GusR9

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
73
0
Well I was afraid of any type of problem..and the problem appeared today I suffered two kernel panics related to airport why? because I noticed that Safari cant load web pages even though the airport signal shows full strength then followed by a kernel panic...but I would say the problems coincided with the installation of 10.4.10... should I archive and reinstall from the restore disks??
PLEASE HELP!!
 

AaronM58

macrumors member
May 22, 2007
58
0
Lubbock, TX
Are the airport issues concerning the 10.4.10 update specific to just the Macbooks? I have a brand new MBP on the way & I don't want to install the update if there is a chance that my wireless won't work...
 

domyalex

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
3
0
Well I was afraid of any type of problem..and the problem appeared today I suffered two kernel panics related to airport why? because I noticed that Safari cant load web pages even though the airport signal shows full strength then followed by a kernel panic...but I would say the problems coincided with the installation of 10.4.10... should I archive and reinstall from the restore disks??
PLEASE HELP!!
There are a lot of posts regarding KP with Airport and 10.4.10. Seems like a compatibility problem in the drivers with certain routers.
Anyway, a workaround, at least for many users, has been found.

link

other link

Let us know if it helps.

Regards
 

GusR9

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
73
0
Well I think that I'm going to archive all my files and then use the restore disks...I hope it works..or should download and install the 10.4.9 update and downgrade the system??
What do you think about it??
 

niele

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
47
0
hawaii
I know that most are having no problems with the upgrade. I'm still waiting to dive in but if I decide to wait for 10.5 would there be any problems making the jump from 10.4.9 or will I need to first install 10.4.10?