Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
I got my white iPhone yesterday. It survived all day today in school by going into a suede-like Oakley Sunglasses bag. No scratches in owning it for a little over a day with heavy usage.

In addition to the iPhone, however, I think I might be getting an Incase Slider for Christmas, however, I heard it scratches the heck out of the phone.

If I get it, what is the best way to put it on your phone? Or should I just return it?

(To those wonder, I got the phone yesterday because we had to go set up the plans since I wasn't the only one upgrading. Fortunately, I got the phone early since I'm always busy and my parents didn't want me without a phone!)

Thanks all,
TIm

Danarc

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2008

I have had the incase for nearly 3weeks and i have not had a scratch on my phone. It is however, very tight and had to get off at the beginning but now it slides out very smoothly. Just make sure u have a microfibre cloth to clean the case and the iphone before you put the phone in the case.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I've had the Incase Slider for both my first-generation and 3G iPhones and they've never scratched my iPhones. Just be sure you take your iPhone out every now and then to wipe it down and clean out the inside of the case - it's grit that gets inside between the iPhone and the case that rubs scratches in, not the case itself...

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Thanks for all the tips! What should I do if the phone does get 'stuck'.

EDIT: Can I use a screen protector with it?

Jayrezzy

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for all the tips! What should I do if the phone does get 'stuck'.

EDIT: Can I use a screen protector with it?

Mine has never got "stuck in the case" You can use a screen protector, I have one on mine, but just remember to line the protector with your home button, not your ear mic. If you get it lined up good, it will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.