Afraid to call Apple...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Oct 17, 2008.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hey there,

I don't know what to say to Apple so they fix my computer which is the Macbook Pro Peryn 2.4 with the 8600gt

My problems here:

-I do have a very light yellow tint screen at the bottom
    -The bezel where it says Macbook pro is peeled off and makes my screen uneven (the image looks higher at the right than at the left)
    -It is noisy (whining noise)
    -Video card ...movies on youtube or any other site are really reproduced in bad quality, dunno if I have the nvidia problem!

So...my main problem here is I don't know how to tell Apple all that. I'm sure when someone has one problem, they will try to fix it but now that I call and tell them 4 problems, and I bought it in early April, won't they find it suspicious I waited all this time before calling them?

Do you guys have any suggestion on how to deal with this with the costumer service from your past experiences?

Thanks a lot

2. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

I'm confused....

Well you have two choices:

Call a local Apple Store and make an appt.
    Call Apple.

Okay, reach for the phone.. and now dial it, it's going to be okay.

Hey, I just got a previous gen Macbook Pro 2.4 and I have no problems calling Apple. In two decades with so many machines going back to a Mac Plus I never did. Once I couldn't figure out a problem about two years ago, I finally surrendered.

They told me I wasn't going to be able to handle that one. :cool:

3. Bwilky macrumors regular

Just call them. They can't deny you service when it's still under warranty, unless voided.

4. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah I know, I am more afraid of being disappointed that they won't repair my machine for free under the AppleCare cover. I'm afraid they say the peeled off Bezel is due to a shock but I haven't dropped my computer anywhere...it's more like my parole against their's :(

5. benjs macrumors regular

First off. See if you can get your hands on a short HD clip, or even stick a commercial DVD in and watch some of it. YouTube has never been a site to go to watch high quality video files - just a site to stream video files quickly. The noise, yellow tint, and bezel issue however are perfectly legitimate complains if you ask me.
    By the fact that you're asking whether they'll find it suspicious you waited all this time suggests to me that you're looking for an upgrade (which I don't blame you for). I would tell them your three non-video card issues, and then tell them that you're also concerned about the recent video card issues which have come to light. Maybe ask them, while they're at it, if for peace of mind they could upgrade your video card to a 9600 (I know, not possible, but might get you one of them new-fangled MBPs out of it). Be very polite, listen to what they have to say very carefully, as you are at the mercy of the AppleCare representative. Best of luck :)

6. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

I do not want the new Macbook Pro since it has a glossy screen and I can't stand them. I just want them to replace my current screen and fix the bezel. The noise is maybe just a fan that needs to be placed more carefully or put some oil on it (ahah I don't know how it works inside my computer but you know what I'm trying to say)!

The thing about the youtube videos is that when I am on my desktop computer with a Samsung monitor, the play with a lot less noise ... it's kind of weird there is a big difference and my old video card in my desktop isn't as a good performer as the one I got in this macbook pro.

7. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

8. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

calling now....the woman doesn't understand the bezel has peeled off....she's like..give me 5 minutes to see if this problem is common and what I can do to help you...

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Unless you did drop, I wouldn't care if they accused. If you didn't, you write a nice letter Jobs and you'll end up with a new computer.

10. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

they told me they need a technician to see my problem because the woman doesn't understand what my problem is. The thing is the Apple store is 2 hours away from my town and the resellers here don't have technician..it's like futureshops.....I was like ...don't you want me to send it to you? Who will replace my screen...and she was like..well, the technician will do the necessary changes..im pissed seriously :( I just want a new screen because it's YELLOW!

should I call back?