After 1 week

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by daydayvol, Jun 11, 2015.

1. daydayvol, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

daydayvol macrumors regular

i absolutely love it. While it isn't perfect it is all I wanted and more. Still glad I went in on the lower end sport model (sg). My wife also loves hers.

I am already motivated to get my exercise in but I definitely love the fitness motivation the watch gives. Love seeing my heart rate during workouts now.

Really like notifications. I am one that has my phone on silent all the time and I pull out my phone entirely too much. Now I don't do that and it has cut down on my "dumb" looking I do all day.

While there is plenty of other things to review about the watch I wanted to keep it simple.

Love the watch and definitely looking forward to the 2.0 update. I think that will be a great update.

2. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

When people ask what it can do, this is what I tell them my favorite feature is. Prior to getting the watch if I needed to know the time or had an alert I would pull out my phone to check. Then I would unlock and check twitter, or macrumors, or email, or any number of things I didn't originally intend to do. Now I just look at my wrist.

3. daydayvol thread starter macrumors regular

Yup. I even would have a watch on my wrist and would find myself still pulling the phone out for the time. Definitely like that I haven't been doing that anymore. I can also ignore messages that don't really need my comments. I am in a couple different text groups and with the watch notifying me I don't spend that extra 5 minutes checking Twitter, Internet, etc.

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Yeah I've been wearing mine for 9 days so far and it does exactly what I needed and hoped it would do. Basically it has untethered me from depending on the phone for everything. I can walk around my house without the phone and still be connected. While I'm out and about I can be as connected as I choose to be without having to pull out the 6+ "just in case it's important". I can't wait to see how the watch evolves on both the software and hardware sides.

5. Mr. Y macrumors regular

I agree 100% -- the distractions my phone provides has decreased substantially.