After 10.5.1 Mac OS X set up assistant endlessly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacGiver, Nov 16, 2007.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Hi Guys,

My gf installed 10.5.1. When the install was done with his job the MB was kind of stuck so we decided to force shut down.

Then after restarting we we came back to the Mac OS X set up assistant with all those question...address, blablabla...once finished we clicked on done expecting the desktop to come back but instead...we are back to the OS X set up assistant and this endlessly...quiet annoying and we have no clue what to do about that...

Any idea?
    Thanks
    X

2. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

I found the solution to the link below...sharing help if anyone needs it...
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306998

Mac OS X 10.5: Setup Assistant appears after every restart

If the Setup Assistant appears unexpectedly each time Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard starts up, and continues to appear even after completing all pages in the assistant, use these steps

Start up with a Safe Boot.
    When the login window appears, do not attempt to log in. Instead, click the Restart button located at the bottom of the login window and let the computer restart normally. (If the Restart button is not displayed, click the Back button, then click the Restart button.)
    This document will be updated as more information becomes available.

3. masshuu macrumors newbie

life saver

yesterday i installed quicktime and prokit 4.5 update and my mac wouldn't start up without the recurring setup assistant, and now my mac is back to it's old self, thanks :) !!!!