After 10.5.2 upgrade: 3 main side effects

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hush, Mar 20, 2008.

1. hush macrumors member

Hi all,

After upgrading 10.5.2 and graphics update I am experiencing three main problems, and just one of them seems to be a reported bug as far as I know:

1. The black screen after going to sleep mode. I found some threads in this forum and I have to check it out.

2. what it seems to be a weird one: I can set brightness screen up, but when I shut down the system does not seem to keep track of this setting and goes back to full brightness on start up... it may seems a minor bug, but believe me, it is starting to be pretty annoying.

3. When the computer is turned off, most of times if I plug it in (either to the wall socket or to the magsafe) suddenly starts up by itself.

By the way, my laptop is a 2.4 MBP, and yes, I zapped PRAM many times and did not work.

I hope you can help.

Best regards,

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

For issue #3, check your System Preferences settings, under Energy Saver. Do you have the "Restart automatically after a power failure" option enabled? If you do, turn it off. I don't know about the other 2 issues though. :confused: