After 10.5.8...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Killerbob, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

OK, I have a number of shares on my NAS that I have linked in my login items, and when I log into OSX I get these on my desktop. The "server" is "afp://NASNAME (AFP)._afpovertcp._tcp.local/SHARENAME"

This has worked great for ages, and all that happened when I logged into OSX was that these shares got an icon on the desktop. However, since the "upgrade" to 10.5.8, these shares open up when I log in. This is so irritating; I do not want these shares to open up, just to have an icon on the desktop.

What's going on? What "feature" did Apple screw around with, and what can I do to get back to status quo?

TIA,

KB

2. MaskingTape macrumors regular

I haven't tried this but maybe it will work. Click the "hide" check mark for the volumes under login items. Maybe that will work.

3. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Good suggestion; that was my first thought as well, but it didn't make a difference...

KB

4. MaskingTape macrumors regular

Yeah I just got home and tried it. Didn't work. Hmmm.. not a BIG deal for me since I don't restart often but I can see how it could be a bother. Maybe someone else has a different suggestion.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I'm looking for the same answer. My disks are just my mounted Time Capsule and a USB disk connected to the Capsule.

6. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funny thing is, it only started after the latest upgrade yesterday!!!

KB