After 14 days... what do I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by firstapple, Sep 25, 2007.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Hey all... I have been lurking around this forum for a while, and finally felt like signing up and putting my own words in when I can. Now, I don't know if I have an issue, definitely not a serious issue to me, but I think I may have somewhat of a screen issue on my Iphone. There isn't really the negative black issue that I have been reading about, but I am having a hard time making things out when people are dressed in black, or alot of objects on the screen are dark (while watching videos).

Now, it is after 14 days, I believe almost 3 weeks to be exact since I got it. I have a 4GB, bought at an ATT store. Serial number begins with 7R730******* Any issues with this one that people know of?

Also, if there is an issue, what do I do after 14 days? I haven't hacked my phone or anything, just want to be happy with my first apple purchase ever...

2. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

3. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

The 14 days is only the policy to return it with no questions asked (with possible restocking fee). If there is an actual problem with the phone, there is a one year warranty.

5. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I know that, I was just wondering what I would have to go through? I have heard people just walking into apple stores and getting switched for a brand new one right then and there...

But they always say something about before 14 days, before 14 days... So I was just stating that I am after the 14 day limit, so would I have to send mine in to Apple?

And, like I said before... I have the 4GB version so the stores might not have any anymore, so I was just hoping some people with some experiences may be abe to help out.

6. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I have a 4gb. I was past 14 days, didnt even buy it at the actual store but online. I asked if they had any 4gbs left and he said yes. The one they gave me was out of mailer package, not from a box. Looked like something Apple ships to the store as replacement units. I had no problem getting a replacement, but seems your experience store to store can differ wildly.

Id suspect if they didnt have any 4gb left you'd probably get a loaner and have yours sent it.

7. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Hey,

Thanks for all the quick help so far! I love the phone, and I am hoping nothing is wrong with my phone, and it is all just in my head that the screen is bad. I am going to wait until I see my girlfriend this weekend, as she has one as well, hers is an 8GB and she got hers a while ago and has the 5 series screen. I asked her if she has any issues when the video is a darker one and she says absolutely not. So I am going to compare hers to mine, and if it is that much different, will take both to the apple store to show them the difference.

Anyone have experience with returns if bought at AT&T store? Can I go to Apple store or do I have to go through AT&T? Any help on this question would be greatly appreciated!

8. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

9. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I went through that thread before I posted a new thread. I don't think I have a "negative" black issue. Nothing like what is shown in those pictures at least. I only notice a shimmering on the black underneath the album covers when in coverflow going through albums. Otherwise no negative black issues. The one thing I am not happy about is in a lot of videos I have watched on it, whenever the scene is darker it is hard to make out actually objects. No real shimmering effect, just can't see much of anything (and yes the brightness is full throttle).

10. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

No one has dealt with returning a phone bought at an AT&T store? Any help would be greatly apreciated

11. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Just take it to the Apple store.
    ATT can't do anything for you.

12. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Apple is usually good at switching you out with a new one. I would load up some videos that really show the issue a few different ones if you can to show the Genius.

13. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I have some webpages bookmarked that show color changes and black/white boxes... Also, will be taking my girlfriends in which she says is flawless, so if she is telling me the truth I will hopefully have a case.

What do you think the odds would be of me being able to pay a little extra for a refurbed 8GB if they take the other one back? Or do you think they would only let me have a 4GB?

14. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I'll suggest that if they do decide you have a problem phone they'll replace it on the spot with an 8GB. They may not have anymore 4GBs.

15. elcerrito494 macrumors member

Not true. I saw the other day a girl getting her first generation nano replaced with a brand new one. They will always have 4GB available, just not for the general public.

16. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I am not asking for a free 8GB upgrade... Simply wondering if I were to pay the difference, $50, if they would let me order one of the 8GB refurbs instead of getting another 4GB