After 2 days , this guy still doesn't know how to use the watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Che Castro, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

2. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

He needs to tighten the watch. I got the password prompts at first, but they go away if you wear it tight enough. It shouldn't giggle when you shake your wrist.

He's wearing it wrong, as messed up as that sounds lol

3. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

The only thing that confuses me, is after 2 days, how is he still confused? I had easily memorised the basics within an hour, and after that I spent time exploring the OS and apps.

It's really not that hard.

4. Leeabe macrumors member

Have been following this a bit. I am just writing it off as being USA Today (a crap paper so desperate for clicks that they will sell their logo). He doesn't even seem to be really trying, it reads like someone trying not to understand it. I agree the thing isn't the most intuitive device, but he makes it sound like you need a degree to learn it.

5. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Yeah, I mean how can you use Windows or a Mac, yet struggle to use a tiny simple OS on a watch?!

6. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

He did also say that he was taking the watch off and showing it to people , but still he only figured that out on the second day
    That if you take your watch off and put it on again you have to reenter your password
    I found that out right away

7. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I know why you are saying this, however this was something that was talked about here quite a few times over the past months.

Many people simply don't like a tight watch and have always worn watches lose. Not lose enough to spin around, but enough so they can move freely on your wrist.

More so I suspect in hot environments when you don't want to feel things sticking to to, lose clothing, lose watch etc etc.

This is a issue/flaw with any smartwatch that needs to touch the skin to do body monitoring, and, for the Apple watch an even bigger, dare I say HUGE flaw/issue for many, as even if you don't care about the body monitoring, and many won't after the novelty has worn off, but the issue of re-entering passwords.

This could be a make or break issue for some, unless Apple changes this aspect.

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I experimented a bit yesterday by loosening my classic leather strap to where it can slide around some on my wrist and I did not have to unlock it a single time. It can be loose enough to slide up and down your wrist without losing skin contact.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

This guy is suggesting that Apple posted how-to videos because it's hard to use...

Uh, remember when Apple had videos about how to type on an iPhone with first one finger then how to graduate to two thumbs? Would anyone even have to think twice about it now??

I mastered the UI in about 15 minutes, to be honest. There's really not much to it.

And yes, how loose is this guy wearing his watches that it's losing skin contact that frequently. Unless his review unit is really banged up.... And the passcode is optional, FYI.

Sounds like he just wants to complain about something.

10. mr.anthonyramos macrumors regular

mr.anthonyramos

11. camtechman56 macrumors regular

First you can turn off the pass code, second you can use siri to control the watch, and third... whaaaa! give that boy a tissue to dry his tears. I have been wearing mine for a couple of days and yes you do have to play with it a bit to learn to use it, but isn't that haf the fun of it. or have we become that dumb and lazy as a people :eek:

12. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

Yeah, he's intentionally being dense. Or maybe he's just dense.

Also, it's not the apple watch's fault if the target app sucks. The target app sucks on the phone, now it can suck on your wrist. It's a breakthrough.

13. pavanluvin macrumors member

14. southflguy macrumors regular

I posted about his first day "review" and now comes the 2nd one. I'm actually in shock that this is allowed to be posted on USA Today. He complains about the battery life yet admits he didn't fully charge it! He says it would have been a home run if Apple had just limited the watch to telling time and sending and receiving notifications! Oh boy...

15. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

16. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

Totally! It isn't ideal for everyone. It starts to lock when you're sweaty even when it's tight.

17. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

And he can't see that the fact that you need to enter a pass code when you take it off is a good thing#

18. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Funny how so many people here are unwilling to even suggest it may be a design issue or way aspects of it have been implemented.

That cannot be, the guy MUST be an idiot.

Oh dear.....

19. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

20. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Older people seem to have a very hard time learning new technology. Especially brand new product technology.

21. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

This guy must be technologically challenged. It really isn't that hard to use this watch.

22. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

You get your watch yet ?

23. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

No, I'm looking forward to seeing on in the flesh when they come into normal electronics retailers. I'm not travelling a hour, to my nearest Apple store just to have a look.

Likewise, As I don't have an iPhone, I'm not sure how much use one would be until Apple improves the watch. Perhaps I may need to wait until the next model before they cut the umbilical cord.

Like the way you could not use an iPad without a computer when it first launched, but the iPad has grown up a LOT in that respect since then, so I'm hoping the Watch will grow up also in a similar fashion.

Once Apple saturate the modern iPhone owning public, and sales start dipping I'm guessing this make cause this to happen.

In fact, Apple are not stupid and I'm sure they have all this planned out on a long term roadmap, that we'd all love to see.

They know they have artificially massively restricted their potential sales market right now, and for now it does not matter, as they know there are plenty of iPhone owners who want one, so for now this is fine and good.

This is bound to change. Just a question of when.

24. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

How do you suggest the wrist detection should work then?