After 2 weeks with the iSkin revo, i've discovered the ultimate choice.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chaoticprout, Aug 11, 2007.

1. chaoticprout macrumors member

The case is absolutely almost perfect in every ways but 2 and I've found easy solutions:
    1) The little plastic cover for the camera clearly reduces the quality of the image. Easy fix, just cut it out.
    2) The privacy film, while giving a pretty good feel, makes the screen REALLY REALLY grainy. In my opinion, this REALLY took away from the iPhone experience as a whole. Fix: just get a power support crystal film for the front, and you combine the 2 best iPhone products for a perfect case.

2. 4ndr3w macrumors regular

Have you been taking the phone in and out of the case? If so, has the case kept it's original form and not stretched out?

3. chaoticprout thread starter macrumors member

4. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

I have had mine for about the same time and have taken it off no less than 10 times. It has retained its shape, but only because I take the bottom off first when taking it off and put the top in first when putting it on. I noticed that the top is more prone to stretching because of the cut out for the earpiece. The bottom on the other hand is more solid feeling, so use the bottom!!!

5. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

I agree with the above posters. I got my iSkin soon after it was released, and I love it. I've taken it off a good number of times, and it hasn't stretched at all. I haven't noticed any scratching of the bezel at all either, which I was initially afraid of because of my experience with the inCase rubber case.

I agree though...the privacy film isn't all that great. I use the crystal film, and it does a great job of protecting the screen. Paired with the iSkin, it's great protection.

Of course, I'd much rather the phone go naked, just because of the way it looks, but if Im going to have something on my phone, this is definitely it!

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have my iSkin Revo for two weeks too. I did try the prvacy film and took it odd after about four days. I liked how the film did keep people from being able to read the screen at an angle but it just made the screen less than perfect. As for screen protection, I just use the included visor. It works great and never slips off the phone while in my pocket.

I have taken my case off three times so far and each time the case slips back on nice and snug.

7. malenfant macrumors member

I agree. The combination of the iSkin revo plus the Crystal Film works really well. The privacy film works well, but I find it too prone to bubbles, especially around the edges.

In case you were wondering: You can use both the Crystal Film and the privacy film at the same time... the touchscreen will still read your touches. However, the privacy film obviously has to go on the outside. And I have called iSkin to see when more privacy films will be available for sale; they told me it would be at least one month before they're available separately.

8. valkin macrumors newbie

I got the case immediately when it came out. At first i loved the privacy film as I take the subway, but it took away from the beauty of the screen and the quality of the images and I removed it.

Next, I have noticed scratches on the chrome bevel. Very tiny, and I believe definitely due to the case.

Third, I love the case and the secure grip provided when I hold it. But, it hides the beauty of the iphone. Whenever I see the phone outside of the case, I fall in love all over again. In the case, it's just another piece of technology.

So, the case remains until I find another case that meets my needs.

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I honestly don't think it's possible to find a case that doesn't scratch that chrome. Every case I have heard of scratches it.

10. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

The Revo is OK. The plastic lens cover fell out within a day or two. I imagine the charge port cover will get lost soon enough if I use it.

I only use the Revo when I want to keep the iPhone in a pocket (like when going to a crowded public area where a belt case is risky). Otherwise I take it out and use the sideways Incase belt case I got.