Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DekoUg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
Slovenia
So i checked my battery health on my iPhone Xs wich i am using it only for two and a half weeks and i noticed my battery health is 98% so found this app that will show you how many cycles you have on your iPhone so i saw that it only has 20 cycles and it already dropped to 98% what should i do can someone help?
Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 14.57.10.png

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
With the iPhone XS battery deterioration in the initial cycles is very common. Almost guaranteed. Chances are it won’t deteriorate too much this quickly after the first 1-2%.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
So i checked my battery health on my iPhone Xs wich i am using it only for two and a half weeks and i noticed my battery health is 98% so found this app that will show you how many cycles you have on your iPhone so i saw that it only has 20 cycles and it already dropped to 98% what should i do can someone help? View attachment 838021

Results may vary depending on method used in testing. My Coconut readings were worse than those shown in an actual Apple Store testing.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
So i checked my battery health on my iPhone Xs wich i am using it only for two and a half weeks and i noticed my battery health is 98% so found this app that will show you how many cycles you have on your iPhone so i saw that it only has 20 cycles and it already dropped to 98% what should i do can someone help? View attachment 838021
Just use your phone and enjoy it. Stop worrying about it.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Yes. Imagine if people obsessed over cars like they do over computers...

"I drove 10,000 miles and my tire tread wore 3/64ths of an inch. Is this normal?"

"During a 2 mile drive to the grocery store, my coolant temperature reached 95C after just ten minutes. Is it overheating?"

"My radiator fan runs while idling. How can I stop this?"

"I received my new car two weeks ago and already the driver side door has microscratches. The dealer refuses to replace the car. Should I sue?"

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Yes. Imagine if people obsessed over cars like they do over computers...

"I drove 10,000 miles and my tire tread wore 3/64ths of an inch. Is this normal?"

"During a 2 mile drive to the grocery store, my coolant temperature reached 95C after just ten minutes. Is it overheating?"

"My radiator fan runs while idling. How can I stop this?"

"I received my new car two weeks ago and already the driver side door has microscratches. The dealer refuses to replace the car. Should I sue?"

I LOVE this post!

OP, battery health is an estimate. You can obsess over it and ultimately be miserable, or don't even bother looking at it until you actually start to notice that your battery isn't meeting your needs, which will likely be years from now.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
Battery health is not just about the number of cycles. If your phone gets too hot (for whatever reason), it can and will slowly kill your battery life going forward. It’s not unusual for battery health to drop 1% if the phone overheats.

For example, if you’re taking many photos in direct sunlight on a tropical island, your iPhone can get very hot. Do that once or twice and it will take a percent off your battery health. Yes, even a brand new iPhone. Ask me how I know. Doh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.