After 22 Days Since Release and 14 Days Since Ordering It...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maddan, Aug 2, 2008.

1. maddan macrumors regular

I will finally get my hands on an iPhone 3G I can call my own! It was a long wait... but whatever. August 4, 2008 is the day I will get my iPhone 3G!

Anyone else wait as long as me?

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

I assumed you ordered the 16GB black iphone during "peak" ordering time

Congrats on enduring your long wait. Judging from your post, you ordered your, I am assuming iphone 16GB black via ATT DF?

And since you ordered it 14 days ago, you ordered the most backordered iphone (16GB black) during the "peak ordering days of July 18-20 when people got frustrated with long wait times at Apple.

I ordered my black 16GB iphone on Sunday July 13th and it took 10 days for it to arrive.

The white 16GB iphones are the easiest to obtain via ATT DF. Usually only takes 2 business day to arrive. I've ordered 3 white iPhones....painless. That's what I would recommend to those wanting to order via ATT DF (cause many of us have FAN discounts and do not want to go to the hassle of canceling it and than waiting for the Apple store to open....I know they now give tickets out) but some of us have jobs and can't wait in line anymore.

3. maddan thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! That was my case, as well. You see, the nearest Apple Store is an hour away, I have not even gotten my driver's permit yet (I should have two years ago), and I have a summer job that impedes me from waiting in line anywhere. My only plausible choice was ordering the phone through AT&T (16GB Black).

For a few agonizing moments I regretted ordering the Black 16GB instead of the White, and was about to switch orders when I realized that I had already waited longer than I usually do... waiting a bit more would not hurt.

It took a lot out of me to wait as long as I did, as I have very little patience when it comes to waiting, but it all worked out in the end... now I am glad I waited as long as I did. All I have to do now is wait 2 more weeks for the Vaja case I ordered... another eagerly anticipated delivery for me.