After 3.0 Update - ALL Third Party Apps Crash on Startup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djkirsten, Jun 17, 2009.

1. djkirsten macrumors regular

I've already restored once....and just now i even downloaded a specific 3.0 app (the AP app). No luck. Any third party app I try and launch just immediately crashes.

I'm on a 1st gen 8GB iPhone.

Anyone else see this?

2. djkirsten thread starter macrumors regular

well it seems as though if you are having this problem you just need to turn off syncing of apps and then re-download the apps from the phone itself.

3. Luci3n macrumors newbie

No need to do that- this is an easy fix...

The AppStore's terms & conditions have changed. You need to agree to them first before you can continue using even the apps you already own.

Just install any free app from AppStore to let the iPhone show you the new terms & conditions, agree to them and then all installed apps will work again.

4. schubes macrumors regular

schubes

Since upgrading to 3.0 one of my favourite apps has stopped working: WiFinder, a free app that was far more powerful and useful in finding wireless networks than the settings-wifi standard way. Can anyone suggest an alternative (free) app that works with 3.0 and works well?

5. Resist macrumors 68030

I to have the same issue with WiFinder not working since 3.0.

6. blues4jrs macrumors newbie

I have the same phone and the same problem. However, I have agreed to the new terms, turned off syncing, and directly downloaded 3.0-ready apps with no success. All non-core apps continue to crash.

Anyone had issues with battery draining as well?

7. yrag macrumors newbie

Same—After 3.0 Update - ALL Third Party Apps Crash on Startup

I have a 1rst generation 4GB iPhone that I upgraded to 3.0, and like others, all apps except the iPhone's core apps crash out immediately after I click on them and they begin to start up.

RE: "Just install any free app from AppStore to let the iPhone show you the new terms & conditions, agree to them and then all installed apps will work again."

I followed that advice and—no dice. 3rd party apps still all crash. Also, I tried shutting down my iPhone and rebooting—again, no change.

BTW—Full disclosure, I did use "Pwnage Tool for iPhone OS 3.0" in upgrading.

How about you others who are having the startup app crash problem?

UPDATE: I searched for answers all over after posting my problem. Somewhere I read someone suggested shutting down your iPhone (just to make sure the memory was clear), turn it back on, and then immediately connect it to iTunes and do a sync, When done disconnect, and voila! (hopefully) all your 3rd party apps will once again perform as expected.

All I can say is it worked for me. I'm happy.

Still, let's be honest, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, so Apple's got some investigating and 'spaining to do.

8. robs24 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue and tried to download new apps that I have not in the past to try and prompt the terms & conditions, no luck....??? Let me know if anyone has a fix please?