After 4.1 update still having proximity sensor problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJV, Nov 24, 2010.

1. DJV macrumors newbie

Ok i've been trying to keep my cool but im loosing it! I updated my first iphone 4 to 4.1 and still had proximity problems. Then i went to the genius bar and got a new iphone 4 and updated it to 4.1, making sure it wasent a "back up" and "as a new iphone" update so i know it aint that. What the hell?! I know alot of people aint having this problem anymore but damn. I Guess im just having bad luck wit an iphone 4, but is anyone else still having this problem?

2. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Some people have said it was fixed by 4.1 and 4.2.1, some report it's not as issue at all for them. I'd update to 4.2.1 and if its still an issue, get Apple to exchange it.

3. grodgers macrumors member

I am on phone #4 (for various reasons) - All 4 phones have had terrible proximity issues. I can recreate it on demand. I'm now choosing just to live with it. Heck, it's probably my big old melon-head. That's hardware.

4. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Honestly mine seemed fixed under 4.1 but now seems horrible under 4.2....aaaaarrrggghhhh I cant win! Whens the iPhone 5 coming?:D

5. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

Funny that you mention this. I did not have very much of it when I first got my iphone 4 with 4.0. I had it about twice (in one day). Whatever, the problem went completely away with 4.1. Not one occurrence. Today I had the proximity issue (running 4.2.1).

6. DJV thread starter macrumors newbie

Well this seems to be an issue once again! Damn it! I either want my iPhone 3gs back or iPhone 5! :p

7. vizionblind macrumors newbie