After 4.3 update phone crashes my 3gs continuously...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by neightb, Mar 14, 2011.

1. neightb macrumors newbie

Hello I updated my phones new firmware as soon the new 4.3 released. But since then i have had unexplained crashes... continuously. Especially over night.. Every night when I wake up the phone is off.. LIKE WTF really!!! 2 days in a row i have not been awakened by my needed alarm! So basically how do i downgrade back to the previously firmware.. I just got the 3gs from Att Like 2 weeks ago.. So would firmware would I have and how do I get it back to that. PLease some one assist me.. THANKS!!!

2. neightb thread starter macrumors newbie

also if i restore it.. which it seem thats what i want to do.. how can i back up my media and such...

3. sorepheet macrumors member

sorepheet

Downgrade

Try this AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Stumbled on this via a Google search. Seems that it should work fine.
    In order to back up your content, simply plug iPhone in, run iTunes and select your iPhone. Transfer purchases, BACK UP.
    Then attempt a downgrade. If you're not interested in jailbreaking you may want to wait wherein Apple is sure to drop a 4.3.1 update to close/patch ASLR vulnerability in Safari, patch may smooth out these "bugs" you're experiencing.

4. neightb thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks you so much .. I may try this.. but your saying that POSSIBLY apple will come out with an update to fix this??? and if so should I wait.. And ONE MORE QUESTION.. Will the transfer purchase method back up my music.. I reallly dun care about the apps and such.. I just want my music as it was..Kinda took me a while developing the playlist and wat not..

5. sorepheet macrumors member

sorepheet

Any playlists created on your iPhone will sync back to your computer through iTunes. Once your device is plugged in, "right" click device and select "sync". As far as new 4.3.1, I have NO idea when it will be dropped. Actually I think rather than downgrading you should just sync and then restore to new firmware. Clean install may resolve issues you're experiencing.

6. neightb thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for beling slow.. but what do you mean just sync? It sounds as if you mean just start from scratch then put everything back on by syncing... And if thats the case how do I start from scratch with out downgrading...

7. neightb thread starter macrumors newbie

Well can some one further help me out.. because When i click music within itunes... the list there is nothing like the list in MY IPHONE playlist or when i click music within my itunes... So i am asking that everytime my phone has been synced all the music on my ipod has been backed up. Because when I CLICK restore...a caption pops up saying that everything will be erased.. all my media and such... I dunno. I just a need a step by step process on which I can reset my iphone and have all my music and media backed up...

8. neightb thread starter macrumors newbie

as expected i did the RESTORE iphone thing.. and i lost all my music and play list.. lol.. not tripping just lettin mofos know.. that if your MUSIC is on your iphone and not in the itunes library then it wont be backed up.. the only thing that is backed up is contacts, apps and such... Thanks yall for the help..yall oh yeah and also.. it is still version 4.3 in stead of 4.2... but yeah we will see if this sucker still does its thang.... Love yall

9. sorepheet macrumors member

sorepheet

D'oh... sorry if you learned an expen$ive le$$on...

Right click iPhone in iTunes. Following options are present:

[​IMG]

Obviously you would want to "Transfer purchases" also "Back Up" would import the music purchased on your iPhone to your iTunes.
    I was under the impression that you had created playlists with music you had already paired with your iTunes, my bad :(
    I hope that your future iTunes/iPhone experiences run more smoothly ;) Don't hesitate to ask questions here, just make sure you are clear on what you're asking so we can aid you in the best possible way. Also it is important to be certain what you are doing before making adjustments to your iPhone so that you don't end up throwing away purchases and such. I too learned the costly lesson of "sync" vs. "transfer purchases/back up" early in the iPhone/iTunes game. Lost an entire season of Invader Zim! :(

10. neightb thread starter macrumors newbie

well guys i didn't downgrade and just erased everything. and the sucker sstill just turns off for no reason.. i mean.. whenever it goes in to auto lock ....and i return maybe after 20 or 30 min... boom.. i got hard boot or coold booot or watever the correct terminology is... i hope theres a fix for this weird prob...

11. sorepheet macrumors member

sorepheet

You say you recently picked this 3Gs up, correct? So a newish 8GB is my guess?
    Take it into an Apple store. If they can't remedy the situation they may just replace it. If you picked it up through AT&T maybe start with them first. My thought is where you've not had handset for very long, it should be a simple swap out situation.
    Good Luck :cool: