After 5 years of pristine display, now smudges?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ohla313, May 25, 2011.

1. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

I bought an ACD second hand and it was in great condition, no dead pixels or smudges. After not using it for one day after a week of heavy use. There is a weird smudge on the display. It isn't too noticeable but is such a bummer as it was fine for 5+ years and now this. Is there any way to remove or fix this? I tried scrubbing it away but nothing.

Here's what it looks like, right in the center of my display..
    [​IMG]

2. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

oh no...another one is on too now. what the heck is going on?!! No one has any answers? Could it be that I keep the display in a kind of restrained area? It's sitting in a small spot covering the sides so air ventilation could be a problem...

Any ideas?? :confused:

3. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

thinking of selling this and just cutting my losses...anyone got ideas on how to fix this?!?!?

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Looks like your pixels are slowly dying. (Is that even possible?)

If it's only these small things, just stick with it. Not worth spending more money over. 5 years isn't too bad for a display.

5. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

slowly dying? oh no....and I just bought this last week! There's no way to fix this? I tried calibrating the monitor and it didn't do anything.

6. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Take it to Apple, but I'm guessing the repair is going to outweigh what you just spent on buying it. Sell it and buy another display.

7. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Yeah I feel like I might as well. It looks so nice though. This time I will probably just buy straight from Apple. Now to wait on the refresh...