after 6 mac products

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

Yes I purchased them at compusa with the warranty, and the boxes where immaculate, also they sent me to other compusa around the tri state area in case they had gotten a bad batch, what were the chances of getting more rotten apples? So I thought. Hey, maybe you guys got the perfect g4 good for you, I wasn’t so lucky. And I most certainly will not go through that running around again. I forgot to mention, I also offered to buy the display model, but no can do, unless it were discontinued.
my dad has recommended apple systems with lcds (powerbook, ibook, etc.) to about 10 ppl.. there are about 15 computers - all in PERFECT condition.

i just bought a viewsonic for my pc, and guess what it has a dead pixel. right in the center. this is the first non-mac lcd ive ever purchased.. maybe i should stop using pcs... or viewsonic?

FuNkY mOnK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Originally posted by topicolo

I was going to make a longer remark about your posts, but seeing as MoxieMike and Zarathustra beat me to it, you'll just have to settle for the condensed version.
First, "paper mashie" is spelled wrong. The common spelling is papier-mache since it is a word of French origin, although it's frequently spelled as only paper-mache (you are wrong nevertheless).

I made the switch, but still kept my faithful WinXP, my wife and I decided to purchase the ibook, after three had bad scratches and at least two pixel burns ea.

the first clause up until "...faithful WinXP" is independent so you can't join it to the other independent after it unless you used a conjunction like and, so, or but.

the g4 powerbook will surly be flawless, NOT!

It's SURELY, not surly. Surly is an adjective meaning ill-humored, a pretty good word for your attitude.

I choose to ignore him and got a refund.

"choose" is present tense, "got" is past tense. You're not supposed to get them mixed up. Use "chose" instead.

Or maybe, just to embarrassed.

"to" is a preposition, "too," which is the correct usage, is the adverb that modifies the verb embarrassed.

I hope that was educational for you. I'm always happy to help out underprivledged children. :rolleyes:
Well, you see in my field grammar and spelling only go so far, I’m an auto technician for Ford motor company. But, there are times when I encounter Joe average that has some questions and to me he sounds like I may sound to you, but none the less I treat him with respect and bounce with his ideas. So, with that said what’s the firing order on a simple 2001 2.0 liter and in what direction will the distributor be turning clockwise or counter clockwise. This is the most basic question if not the easiest.

Isn’t it ironic, my wife is French.

FuNkY mOnK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Originally posted by Pin-Fisher
Hey Funky,

Would that tri-state area happen to be NJ,PA,DE? Would your local InComp-USA be Mt.Laural? Thats where I ordered my 17" isMac. Maybe I should have them open it up and check the screen before leaving the store...hmmm.....
I live in Staten Island, 20 minutes from New Jersey, 20 minutes from Manhattan, 10 minutes from Brooklyn, and 30 minutes from queens 4-1/2 hours if you count the traffic on the Belt Parkway.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

Well, you see in my field grammar and spelling only go so far, I’m an auto technician for Ford motor company. But, there are times when I encounter Joe average that has some questions and to me he sounds like I may sound to you, but none the less I treat him with respect and bounce with his ideas. So, with that said what’s the firing order on a simple 2001 2.0 liter and in what direction will the distributor be turning clockwise or counter clockwise. This is the most basic question if not the easiest.

Isn’t it ironic, my wife is French.
I sure that you don't sound as bad to me as some clueless guy sounds to you when he's talking about cars, but I'm not so sure about your claim of how you treat people with respect considering your hot-headed "Fu*king jackass..." line. Either way, I'm not an English major either but I'm still amazed by how bad spelling and grammar can get on the internet. You would probably do better if you didn't explode at the slightest criticism.

BTW, the firing order of a 2.0L engine is 1-3-4-2 and the distributor rotates clockwise.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

I sure that you don't sound as bad to me as some clueless guy sounds to you when he's talking about cars, but I'm not so sure about your claim of how you treat people with respect considering your hot-headed "Fu*king jackass..." line. Either way, I'm not an English major either but I'm still amazed by how bad spelling and grammar can get on the internet. You would probably do better if you didn't explode at the slightest criticism.

BTW, the firing order of a 2.0L engine is 1-3-4-2 and the distributor rotates clockwise.
Right on! You show him who is the boss!

FuNkY mOnK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

I know I’m hot headed, and I apologize. Your answer was 100% correct, but, the 2001 2.0 liter came without a distributor, and housed a coil pack. Boy talking about going off topic, were the hell i we going to put this in a mac forum?;)

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Originally posted by zarathustra

Right on! You show him who is the boss!
Heh. Thanks for the ego boost, but I'm not actually even an engineer. Would you believe that I'm in biochemistry? :p