After 7 Returns, I Decided To...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by donster28, Feb 16, 2010.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

...forego my purchase of an iMac i5 until the next revision.

I'm really disappointed that I cannot seem to get a satisfactory iMac until now. My 6th and 7th were week 5's, manufactured in the USA...dead pixels on iSight and screen, noticeable yellowing.

I originally wanted to take advantage of the big screen and quad core for my video editing needs, but I think I can wait until this summer. I have my trusty MBP 13" to do that for me right now.

Currently, I do need an HTPC to stream my blu-rays to my TV, so I am getting the 2.53 MacMini to do just that with Windows 7 slapped on it.

Goodbye for now iMac.

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I think Apple is very happy to lose a customer like you ;)

BTW good decision on your side: you are not going to find ANY iMac that is good for you, after 7 iMacs returned

3. archipellago macrumors 65816

nice man...:(

4. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hehe...they didn't loose me at all. Apple probably was able to buy some nice real estate with the purchases I made in the past from them hehe...

Kidding aside, there's just too many things that can go wrong with the current lot of iMacs and to be honest, I don't think they can turn this around anytime soon, so the next revision is looking more and more like Apple's target now.

On a side note, I am wishing that Apple get rid of the glass completely. It just poses so much problems for me (dust under the screen, glare, etc.)

5. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

7 returns?

That must be a new record. Amazing that after all that, you're still willing to wait until the next revision. Wouldn't such a bad experience keep you away from Apple products in general?

6. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

Wow 7 returns?!?? I would have thought you would realize that you would not be satisfied with ANY iMac after the 3rd or 4th return.

I bet they loved you walking into the Apple Store.

7. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Just as I posted earlier, Apple didn't loose me at all. This would have been my 7th Mac. I had the white iMac before and it was excellent for my pupose then. I just wish they get rid of the glass alltogether...lesser problems to be aware of in my opinion.

8. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

They actually did love me at the Apple Store...hehehe. The blue shirts are the one's who convinced me to try another one after the other actually, until I finally said that's it.