After a few days with the 5s test trial...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Jun 29, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I got my week long test trial phone from T-mobile Wednesday. I haven't used it as much as my regular phone because 1) it's not my regular phone with my phone # and 2) the screen is too small.

And that's the big issue with the 5s, the screen is much too small.
    BUT I am excited about getting an iPhone 6 which is good

I bought an iPhone 4 on day 1 and the year later the 4s came out and I was jealous but under contract. I was still hoping for some super cool 5 to come out but it didn't. Then the next year I was wanting to upgrade and was hoping for something really cool to come out and all that came out was the 5. As it was my 4 was really laggy from iOS updates and I hated the square/metal frame. I was mad they didn't make a larger screen. Then the 5s came out, still no larger screen so I got a Galaxy S4 in september.

My current phone's keyboard is just stupid (swiftkey) but it's the best one there is on android. Apparently all keyboards for android suck and really, since I mostly text, that's really the biggest issue.

The 5s feels close enough to my current Android experience without the bad stuff that I'm excited to get one. It's missing a few things, like a share button to dropbox on pictures, a file system I can manipulate and move files where I want or see where they are etc. Compared to my current phone it feels like "more of the same" which is a good thing, since I was afraid I'd have to lose a few important things.
    The best part for me is that the camera is quick and easy to get into at a moment's notice and doesn't take a minute for an app to load etc. And the panorama
    The phone overall is quick.
    I'm excited about the new iCloud with more storage and more file availability.

And the battery life! I charged my battery early Thursday morning and it's STILL at 40%! My Galaxy S4 will drain from 100% to around ~70% just over the course of me sleeping. If the iPhone 6's battery is just as good as the 5s I'll be happy.

2. AppleHater macrumors 6502a

The overall lagginess is primary reason going back to iPhone once they solve the screen size problem. That second or two pause after pressing power button or delay until the camera actually usable and so on.

Yeah i mistype alot with gnote keyboard although its bigger.

3. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

Try Google keyboard or Kii, Kii has been best one for me. All brag about swiftkey, my eyes are horrible, yet Kii gets what I typed very easily.

4. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

Good post.

I had an S4 and Note 2 (now I'm on a iPhone 5s).

One thing I enjoy about iPhones are you don't need to tinker the hell out of the settings to get it how you want. For the most part you don't really need to change much with the iPhone settings. I would spend hours and hours, even flashing different ROMs to get the android OS how I wanted and in the end it just didn't do it for me.

Also aesthetically it looks way more pleasing than android OS. I think google is doing a major overhaul because the android OS looks horrifically ugly compared to iOS.

5. aneftp macrumors 601

I use goodreader for most of my file management with iPhone.

Apple is finally changing the way iCloud manages folders in ios8 I believe. The folder management is about to become a lot easier.

Most power users should be able to get through a normal working day with the iPhone.

I suspect if the next iPhone is 4.7 inch. Apple will find a way to optimize the battery better than android despite larger screen using more power.

I have nothing against android. Was android 1.0 user with g1 all the way to the nexus 5. I usually own both an android and iOS device but the iPhone is usually my main device.

People have choices in the mobile world and that's a good thing.

You really can't go world choosing between high end android device (htc m8 galaxy s5 note 3/4 and iPhone 5s and this years iPhone 6).

The smartphone market is really mature now. Very little "innovation" left in my opinion besides battery life. Cameras are generally excellent in high end devices as well as internet browsing.

6. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

I love android, but one problem that drove me away from it was software updates. And Samsung is the worse at them. I had the Galaxy Note 2, and it didn't get 4.4 for the LONGEST time. So that's why when it came time to buy a new phone, I got the 5s. And I have to say I have been nothing but impressed with this phone. I have really small hands so the screen size on the iPhone 5s doesn't bother me. Actually the screen size on the 4 was like perfect to me. But overall I have to admit, in the long run, you're always going to get a better experience on iOS. So that's why I like iPhones

7. phositadc macrumors 6502

FYI that is not normal. If setup properly you should only lose 1-5% overnight. Yes, android can be more difficult to setup properly, but the results you are seeing are the result of a rogue app or something else unusual.