Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
So has anyone kept the bumper on since they got the iphone 4 ? If so how is it holding up for you ? How are you carrying it with the bumper only or in a case or pouch with the bumper ?

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
So has anyone kept the bumper on since they got the iphone 4 ? If so how is it holding up for you ? How are you carrying it with the bumper only or in a case or pouch with the bumper ?

Still using mine with invisible shield full protection. No problems at all.

Still on the lookout for an FM transmitter that works with the bumper on though...

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Mine's fine. No issues, it hasn't stretched any, isn't bothering my DecalGirl skin (though I was scrupulous about rubbing the edges of that down well on installation), and though the pink is a light color, it's not showing dirt or attracting dust as far as I can tell. The grippiness of it has saved the phone from easily sliding off things like the arm of the couch more than once too.

As for carrying it, it's usually either in a pocket of my purse or my jeans pocket. Doesn't collect lint and it's easy enough to pull out.

UCLAKoolman--you might look into Bluetooth transmitters. I went with one and since it's not cable/dock based, the bumper isn't an issue. Plus I no longer need to remember to carry my Bluetooth headset in the car, since the transmitter also handles hands-free calling.

teezee09

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
The day after my iPhone arrived, I went to the Apple store and bought a bumper. It's been on my phone every day since. I absolutely love it and have been searching high and low for a second one in white. I feel like it protects the phone pretty well (I'm extremely goofy and the phone has already had quite a few nasty drops) without taking away from the beautiful design. I've got a couple of gouges in the plastic that I just noticed; most likely from dropping it from waist height onto the sidewalk twice last night.
I'm using the bumper with a film on the back and a screen protector on the front. I carry the phone in my rear pants pocket and the case does not attract dust/ lint or make it difficult to get the phone out of the pocket. The only problem I've had is that my studio headphones do not fit in the jack and my 3rd party dock connector doesn't fit with the bumper on. Sucks but its a known issue and not too big of a deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.