After a specific kind of cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CasuallyDressed, Sep 16, 2014.

1. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

Hey guys, just registered here to ask a quick question! :D

I need a specific cable that I'm struggling to find anywhere. It's a 30 pin female > Lightning male cable, at least half a meter long, the size of the Lightning plug needs to be the exact size of the official Apple one and preferably in black.

Reason for this is that I've got an iPhone kit in my car but the manufacturers are a bit behind and haven't updated the kit to include a Lightning cable, only the old 30 pin one. So currently I'm using the official 30 pin>Lightning adapter and while it's been working fine it just looks a bit crap. The iPhone kit cable is black and my iPhone is black and the adapter is white and I'm far too OCD to be dealing with that nonsense. What I'd like to do is plug this fabled cable in, tuck the join out of the way somewhere so the only bit of cable visible is black with no join and the plug itself will fit inside a new car mount I'm looking at (designed specifically to house an official Lightning plug so I can just dock my iPhone in the car).

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. CasuallyDressed, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

CasuallyDressed thread starter macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

Sorry to bump but er.... Bump?

OR, another way this might work, is if its a female 30 pin on one end and a female USB on the other.

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

4. 335NJ macrumors newbie

Search- 30-pin to lightning

I've found tons of the cable you're looking for in white, just not gonna spend a bunch of time looking for a black one.

5. CasuallyDressed thread starter macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

Hmm, that might work. As long as its long enough I can then put the join out the way and just have that cable coming up. No idea how to plasti-dip but it does look good in black. Thanks for that, I'll look into it some more :)

.....Well done :rolleyes:

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201265337-Forum-Rules

7. CasuallyDressed thread starter macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed