After a Stevenote, how long til in stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dbernie41, Nov 14, 2007.

1. dbernie41 macrumors regular

I am HOPING like no other that a major revision of the Macbook Pro happens at Macworld 2008. I need to have a macbook pro by the first half of january so Macworld puts me right on the edge. So will I be able to go to an apple store the day Steve announces the new product and pick it up or does it take a few days? or maybe even weeks? And at Macworld, are the new products usually announced on the first day or last day?

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

12 seconds. S.J is trying to make the apple store snappier(tm).

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

products are announced the first day, but it might not necessarily be available/shipping for a couple months. for example, the very first macbook pros were announced in january but didn't start shipping until march.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Products are announced at the keynote at Macworld...the first day.

They may be available immediately, or they may not ship for several weeks or even a couple of months after the announcement...it all depends on what he says.

"Immediate availability" means that you can order them online as soon as the store comes back up after the keynote ends. It also frequently means that they're available in stores at that point as well, but sometimes they don't filter out to the retail stores for a few days.

5. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Isn't the keynote Jan 15th? Boy are you cutting it fine, if you absolutely "need" an MBP in the first half of January! :p

In my experience, it takes a couple of days for Apple stores to even realise there's been a new product announcement. It always amazes me when you go to store and you're informing THEM, makes me wonder how the hell they ever got a job when I've applied a kazillion times. Whoa, can we say digression?! :D

6. Anorion macrumors member

Steve is faster than McGuyver!

7. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

You might go ahead and buy it now, MWSF 2008 is going to be reserved for the Ultra-Portable and the new Mac Pro. There is not going to be new MacBook's or MacBook Pro's announced at MWSF.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=385891

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Stevenote...cute :p

I think that the product will probably ship by February. The first gen mbps likely too longer because they were brand new. MBPs have been around for a while, so Apple will probably be able to get them out faster. Of course this changes if an entire new case design comes out. However, I'm not banking on this. What might take a while is the rumored sub-notebook. If that ever comes out, it will likely take longer to get.