After activating iP4, how to swith BB to my old 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drewby, Jun 23, 2010.

1. drewby macrumors member

drewby

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I did a couple searches and could not find what i was looking for.

Unfortunately fedex hates me so they ignored my pre sign paperwork on the door and I'll have to wait tomorrow which I'm sure will be fun...:rolleyes:

Anyways, I'll (hopefully) be activating my iPhone 4 tomorrow once i receive it. My partneer used to have the 2G iPhone but switched to the blackberry bold a year and a half ago. Unfortuneately he is not eligible for the early upgrade as he's not going from iPhone to iPhone. So he'll get my 3GS. Oh and by the way we are on a family plan.

So after I activate my new iPhone 4, can I just put his SIM card from his blackberry into the 3GS, and activate from iTunes? Or will I need to call AT&T? If I can do directly from iTunes, will it let us put him on the unlimited data or will we need to call AT&T for that? (going from unlimited blackberry data to unlimited iPhone data should be possible as they said existing smartphone unlimited plan customers can keep unlimited statuses, just not sure if it will recognize from iTunes...)

Again, thanks for any insight...:D

2. Blazing angel macrumors regular

as long as the 3g s was bought from at&t, the sim will work (as long as its from at&t.) You can just take the sim out of the blackberry, and insert it into the iphone:D

3. drewby thread starter macrumors member

drewby

Actually when he switched to the blackberry the AT&T store rep used the sim card from his 2G iPhone. And I think the 2G was bought from an AT&T store as well.

Thanks. :)

4. Blazing angel macrumors regular

ok wellcome:D