After bootcamp update with Win 7, blurry 27" ACD

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by grastafaram, Jan 21, 2012.

1. grastafaram macrumors member

Hi, I have a mid-2009 MBP 15" running os x 10.6.8. I have windows 7 Professional on a 60 GB partition that has been running fine. I have my MBP connected to a 27" ACD. Normally, the ACD is blurry when the MBP is open and the ACD is a duplicate screen. However, it works fine in windows when the MBP is closed, the screen is sharp and everything looks normal. I recently installed a bootcamp 3.0 update, and an apple software update, and since then the screen is always blurry even if the MBP is closed. I tried reinstalling the bootcamp drivers to no avail, and have spent a long time looking in the forums for similar topics and have come up empty handed. I really need the larger screen for work. If anyone has some ideas about how to fix this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

2. grastafaram thread starter macrumors member

I should add that everything works fine running OS X. Please help, I have a huge presentation to give on Monday!!

Thanks

3. Wang Foolio macrumors regular

Off the top of my head, is the resolution set to your ACD's native res? If it's blowing up a low resolution image to what I assume is 2560x1440, it would be blurry for sure.

Not sure what else it would be.

4. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Windows default is to duplicate the displays. Which means if the two displays have different resolutions (as is the case with ACD and MBP displays) the lowest resolution is used for both in the duplicate displays mode. Which means ACD will be stuck with 1920x1080 or whatever is the MBP's resolution.

What you need to do is change Windows display settings to extend the displays instead of duplicating them - then it will use right resolutions for both displays and it won't look blurry.