After configuring linksys, airport will not turn on

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cms2, Aug 8, 2009.

1. cms2 macrumors 6502

cms2

I was trying to access my father's wireless network while I was home for a week. I found a utility to configure for a mac (my dad only has Windows), but after running it, and it failed to find the router, my airport will not turn on. The option to "turn AirPort on" is grayed out and cannot be clicked. I have attached two pictures to illustrate. I have restarted twice to no avail. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

It looks like you are connected by ethernet, and airport is a lower priority connection method. The airport result would be normal. Unplug ethernet and try again.

PS - you said to configure for a Mac - but Macs use the same wireless standards that PCs do - what did you have to change?

3. cms2 thread starter macrumors 6502

cms2

It is the same result with ethernet plugged in or not plugged in. I even deleted the ethernet connection from my network preferences, and that didn't help. So then I deleted my airport connection from the network preferences, and then re-added it. No help. I'm not sure what I was doing (I'm sorry to be such an idiot) I just couldn't connect, so I started clicking things. I saw online that you could download a linksys utility from their website, that was supposed to configure your system to work with the router. After that is when my airport turned off and will not turn back on. I used app trap to uninstall the stupid utility, restarted, and still nothing. I'm wondering if there's just some way to undo whatever I did, like reverting to the defaults...