After connected to ext. display, mba colors became dim and desaturated

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ilya22, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ilya22 macrumors newbie

After I connected the MBA to an external display (dell u2410) the colors of the MBA display lost their vibrance,
    as if the display sucked the life out of them...
    And the weirdest thing is taht it happend gradually - some apps lost colors before other
    (at some point, same webpages and pictures had much more saturated and vibrant colors in chrome then in firefox)
    and now after a restart all apps have the same dim colors.

I tried rcalibrating but it does not brings the vibrance back, only changes the gamma and the hue.
    also i found here one advice - in the universal access increase the saturatin which also didn't help.

any ideas?
    thanx

2. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

I've seen a lot of messages about problems with the U2410 being used as an external with MBAs and MBPs.

What connection are you using? Most users seem to suggest that mini display to DVI works better than HDMI. You could also try mini display to display port.

3. ChrisPaul macrumors newbie

Hey ilya22,

have you found any solution yet on your problem? See I have a problem that resembles yours. After hooking up my MBA 11 inch 2011 to a Cintiq 24HD the colors became desaturated and I can't get them back through calibrating. The external display kind of vampirized my MBA. I use a mini display to DVI connection.